All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services know that on days like today when it is cold and wet and snowy that winter is certainly still with us in New England and is likely to remain for a good few months to come. However that does not mean that at All Clear we put up a ‘closed’ sign and sit around the fire with our feet up. We still have plenty of septic work that we can do and are doing for customers in our area. We have septic inspections scheduled today in Acushnet, Berkley, Freetown, Fall River, Swansea and Dighton MA. As long as we can get to you and your septic is not buried under a foot of frozen snow and ice we can still carry out your septic inspection. If you require a septic system inspection, septic repairs, septic pumping, septic cleaning or any septic service this winter please do call All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services to find out how we can help you on 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com
All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services understand that many people had friends and family visit for the holidays and other people had large parties at their homes. The holidays are a wonderful time of year to catch up with people and eat good food but once everyone has returned home it is time for cleaning up and getting back to normal routines. What many people will not consider is that over the holidays if you have lots of guests staying in your home for an extend period of time or a large party your septic system will have been working harder than usual and if you have a small system or you have not had septing pumping recently it may be time for a septic pump out. Regular pumping helps prevent solids from escaping into the drainfield and clogging soil pores. While pumping frequency depends on the various factors including the size of your tank and the use it gets it is recommended that systems be pumped at least once every three years for homes not having a garbage disposal. If the home’s system has a garbage disposal, it should be pumped annually. Today we have septic pumping scheduled in Uxbridge, Bellingham, Blackstone, Franklin and Upton MA. If you are unsure if you need septic pumping or if you have questions about your septic system or want to schedule a pump out please do contact our Norton Office on 508-763-4431 or visit http://www.allclearseptic.com
All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services would like to thank all of our customers, vendors and friends for a very successful year. We have conducted more Septic Inspections, Septic Pumping and Cleaning, Septic Services and Septic Repairs in Massachusetts and Rhode Island than ever before.
- Significant increases in septic inspections including both Title 5 Septic Inspections in Massachusetts and Rhode Island Functional Septic Inspections. We conducted inspections throughout the southern New England increasing our region and volume in towns including; Plainfield, Sturbridge, Rowley, Seekonk, and Eastham MA; Burrillville, Middletown, Exeter, North Kingstown, Little Compton and Westerly RI. Many of these inspections were at state properties including Westport, Scituate and Brewster.
- Getting approval to teach septic savvy in RI and MA for training credits Class. This class includes; how septic systems work; why septic systems fail, and what your options are once your septic system fails; Information on septic inspection, septic repairs, septic replacement, septic installations and advanced treatment units for wastewater treatment
- Welcoming new new employees that will assist with septic inspections, functional inspections, septic repairs, septic installations, and septic designs from Norton, Attleboro and Acushnet MA, Cumberland and North Smithfield RI and Biddeford ME
We are looking forward to expanding upon our success in 2018. Happy Holidays from All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services!
All Clear Septic And Wastewater Services are looking forward to the upcoming holidays. Holidays usually mean good food and spending time with friends and family. However if you are hosting large gatherings it is a good idea to consider your septic system’s limitations when you plan a large event at your home. We have one customer who has a small property with a correspondingly small septic system. However they regularly host large gatherings of friends and family which puts a huge strain on their septic system. They have found that it is more cost effective to hire portable toilets for their events than to have their septic system pumped much more regularly due to the excessive use it gets when more people are using the system. This also reduces the likelihood of associated repairs and failures caused by a septic system that has not been pumped when required. If you are planning a large Christmas Party this holiday season at home or have a lot of extra guests staying at your home for an extended period of time consider your septic system. Sometimes it is worth getting portable toilets in for your party but if you do not make sure you know when your system was last pumped and consider having another pump out after the holidays. Also spread washing loads out over a week rather than doing multiple loads of laundry in one day which can also overload your septic. If you are unsure we are always happy to discuss your concerns. When you have a septic system it will always need to be pumped on a regular basis. We would suggest this is every 3-5 years but this can vary dramatically depending on the size of your septic system and the water usage. Today we have septic pumping scheduled in Chelmsford, Acton, Boxford, Ayer, Stow and Boxborough MA. If you wish to schedule septic pumping or if you have any questions regarding pump outs or your septic system please do contact our Norton office on 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com
All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services can help you ensure that your septic system continues to operate correctly by pumping your septic tank. Septic pumping is essential every 3 – 5 years to ensure that your tank does not overflow. As you can imagine it is not advisable to leave pumping too late late because the results can be unpleasant and expensive to fix. The regularity that your tank needs to be pumped will vary from various factors including water usage and the size of your tank. For example a family with 5 members including teenagers will typically use more water and therefore need more their tank pumped sooner than a home of a retired couple. However this too can very dramatically if that couple have extended family visiting for a prolonged period. Essentially if you are unsure please do call our office where we will be happy to answer any questions. Today we are pumping septic systems for customers in Holliston, Millis, Bellingham, Franklin, Wrentham and Foxboro MA. If you need to schedule a septic pump out appointment or if you have any questions please do contact our Norton, MA office on 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com
All Clear Septic And Wastewater Services know that to ensure that your septic system continues to work correctly and to increase the lifespan of your septic system it is advisable to maintain your septic system and this includes cleaning and pumping to flush out sludge and scum, which do not drain like effluent. Today we have septic cleaning scheduled for customers in Barrington, Little Compton, Tiverton, Middletown, Portsmouth RI. We utilize specialized miniature equipment to locate specific areas of your system, such as a sewer cam that is used to investigate the inside of your sewer lines, and jetting equipment to clean the pipes within the leach field. If you need to schedule a septic cleaning or have any questions please do contact our office on 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com
All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services are always happy to answer questions or give septic system advise to customers about their septic systems. We know that many people who have a property with a septic system remain unaware that there are some simple suggestions to follow that will make your septic system continue to operate correctly and prevent the need for septic repairs. Conventional septic systems can function very well with minimal care. In fact, most septic tanks will only require an inspection and pumping out every three to five years if they are used properly. However to ensure that this is the case a few good things to remember are:
- Have your septic system inspected and pumped every 3 to 5 years. If the tank fills up with an excess of solids, the wastewater will not have enough time to settle in the tank. These excess solids will then pass on to the leach field, where they will clog the drain lines and soil.
- Know the location of your septic system and drain field/ leach field, and keep a record of all inspections, pumpings, repairs, contract or engineering work for future references. Keep a sketch of it handy for service visits.
- Take leftover hazardous chemicals to your approved hazardous waste collection center for disposal. Use bleach, disinfectants, and drain and toilet bowl cleaners sparingly and in accordance with product labels.
- Your toilet or sink is not a trash can so don’t dump non-biodegradables (cigarette butts, diapers, feminine products, etc.) or grease down your sink or toilet. Non-biodegradables can clog the pipes, while grease can thicken and clog the pipes. Store cooking oils, fats, and grease in a can for disposal in the garbage.
- Do not put paint thinner, polyurethane, anti-freeze, pesticides, some dyes, disinfectants, water softeners, and other strong chemicals into the system. These can cause major upsets in the septic tank by killing the biological part of your septic system and polluting the groundwater. Small amounts of standard household cleaners, drain cleansers, detergents, etc. will be diluted in the tank and should cause no damage to the system.
- Excessive laundry loads with your washing machine does not allow your septic tank time to adequately treat wastes and overwhelms the entire system with excess wastewater.
- Do not use chemical solvents to clean the plumbing or septic system. “Miracle” chemicals will kill microorganisms that consume harmful wastes. These products can also cause groundwater contamination
If you do think that your septic system needs a repair or maintenance please do contact us where we will be happy to answer any questions you have and make an appointment if necessary. Today we have septic repair appointments including a d-box repair and septic pump repair in Chelmsford, Carlisle, Maynard, Boxborough, Acton and Stow MA. You can contact us on 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com
All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services are often called by homeowners who have signs of a septic issue but do not know what has caused the problem or how to fix it. The picture shows an organic clogging matt that caused a customer’s leach field to fail. We were able to restore the leach field for our customer and suggest changes that they could make that would help prevent this from reoccurring such as; more regular septic pumping and cleaning; a lint filter on their washer and stopping Oil, Grease and Fat being put down the drain. We have other septic repair appointments today in Stow, Hudson, Marlborough, Berlin, Bolton and Wayland MA. If you have a septic concern or need to schedule a septic repair appointment please contact us on 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com
All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services understand that part of any good Preventative Maintenance Program is to ensure that your septic system is properly cleaned and pumped on a regular basis. However it is also important to know the facts about septic cleaning and pumping to avoid making costly mistakes.
Inside your septic tank solid waste matter sinks to the bottom and grease and oils float to the top. Treated liquid waste flows through pipes into a drain field. If too much solid waste accumulates, it clogs the drainpipes, prevents liquids from escaping, and leads to sewage backups into your home and a health hazard because waste is not treated before exiting your septic system. A properly maintained septic system should only have a septic pump out every 2-5 years, as needed, to avoid removing the “good” bacteria and keep the system running smoothly. Septic Pumping will ensure that your septic system does not ‘fill up’ with waste.
Getting your tanks cleaned on a regular basis will help to improve the efficiency of your septic system and keep it running smoothly. All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services takes pride in the work that we do, utilizing specialized miniature equipment to locate specific areas of your system, such as a sewer cam that is used to investigate the inside of your sewer lines, and jetting equipment to clean the pipes within the leach field. It is important to understand that septic pumping does not always mean that your system will also be cleaned and leaving solid buildup in the septic tank or not having your leach field pipes jetted can mean that even if your system is pumped blockages can still occur which can result in septic system failures and potentially unpleasant, expensive and harmful repercussions.
This is a leach field being jetted which is part of a thorough septic cleaning.
Today we have septic cleaning appointments in Marshfield, Norwell, Hingham, Hanson, East Bridgewater and Plymouth MA. If you are interested in septic cleaning or septic pumping or have any questions about the process please do contact our Norton office on 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com
All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services has septic pumping scheduled today for customers in Norwell, Scituate, Hingham, Hanover, Marshfield and Hanson MA. It is recommended that your septic system is pumped every 3-5 years, or annually if you have a garbage disposal. A septic system is not something that you can just ignore if it is operating correctly because eventually it will stop working if it is not maintained correctly. If your septic is not pumped your costs are likely to be significantly higher than simply having your system pumped because the repairs that may also be required could be extensive. If you have questions about septic pump outs or wish to schedule a septic pump out please do contact our office on 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com