All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services have septic inspections scheduled today in Holliston, Franklin, Bellingham, Upton, Uxbridge, Sutton and Northborough MA. The reasons that people schedule inspections are not only because they are selling their home and require an inspection before they can sell. A septic inspection is required in Massachusetts:
- Within 2 years before a sale. If weather conditions prevent inspection at the time of a sale, the inspection must take place within 6 months afterward.
- When there is a proposed change to the facility which requires a building or occupancy permit.
- Any change in the footprint of a building, to make sure that new building construction will not take place on top of any system components or on the system’s reserve area.
- For large systems with a design flow of 10,000 to 15,000 gallons per day or more at full build-out, on the basin schedule shown in 310 CMR 15.301(6), and every five years thereafter.
- Every 3 years for shared systems.
- When the property is divided, or ownership of 2 or more properties is combined.
- When MassDEP or the local Board of Health orders an inspection.
For more information see https://www.mass.gov/guides/buying-or-selling-property-with-a-septic-system
If you require a septic inspection or if you have any questions about septic inspections or septic systems please contact our Norton Office on 508-763-4431 or visit http://www.allclearseptic.com