All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services has Title 5 Septic Inspections scheduled for customers today in Massachusetts. Massachusetts requires that you have a Title 5 Septic Inspection in the following instances:
- Within 2 years before a sale. If weather conditions prevent inspection at the time of a sale, the inspection must take place within 6 months afterward.
- When there is a proposed change to the facility which requires a building or occupancy permit.
- Any change in the footprint of a building, to make sure that new building construction will not take place on top of any system components or on the system’s reserve area.
- For large systems with a design flow of 10,000 to 15,000 gallons per day or more at full build-out, on the basin schedule shown in 310 CMR 15.301(6), and every five years thereafter.
- Every 3 years for shared systems.
- When the property is divided, or ownership of 2 or more properties is combined.
- When MassDEP or the local Board of Health orders an inspection
For more information see the Mass Gov Website.
A large portion of the inspections that we conduct are for property owners who are selling their property which has a septic system, either a commercial or residential. This is because most sellers have not bought their property in the last two years so do not have a current Title 5 Inspection for their property. The good news is that once it has been done it is valid for 2 years so once you have decided you are selling your property it is always a good idea to have the inspection done early in the sale process. You know it is likely that you will sell in two years so it will remain current and you will not have to worry about it causing delays later when you have sale deadlines. An inspection may highlight a problem and you will have time to fix it and once your property has passed its septic inspection that is another selling point. Today we have a Title 5 Septic Inspection scheduled in Sharon for a property owner who has decided to put their home on the market so is doing their inspection as soon as possible so they can advise potential homebuyers that their property has passed its septic inspection. For people who have never had a home with a septic system the knowledge that it has passed an inspection is reassuring and will prevent the lack of town sewer from being a cause for concern. We have additional Title 5 Inspections today in Holliston, Southborough, Wayland, Maynard, Stow and Hudson MA. If you require a Title 5 Septic inspection, for any reason, or have questions about septic inspections or septic systems please do contact our Norton office on 508 763 4431 or visit All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services