All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services finds that in April we all start to think about spring cleaning and spring maintenance for our property. If you have a septic system regular maintenance is essential for it to keep working correctly. Fortunately septic pumping, which is the most important maintenance for a septic system, is not usually required annually (unless you have a garbage disposal). It is recommended that you have your septic system pumped every 3-5 years so if it has been a few years since you have had yours done or you can’t remember when it was done last now may be a good time to consider having your system pumped or call us so we can help you determine what would be your best course of action. Signs that you septic system is due for a pump out can include:
- Septic Back up. If you have sewage backup in your property this could indicate that your septic tank is full or reaching capacity
- Pooling water. If it hasn’t recently rained yet you are still seeing pools of liquid on your leach field this could be a sign that your system is full. When your tank reaches capacity, solid waste can clog the drain field piping system and force liquid to the surface
- Slow drains or slow flushing toilets are an indicator that your system is reaching capacity
- Sewage Odors or smells in your home or yard
- An overly healthy lawn. If your grass is much greener or lusher than the rest of your yard over the leach field you may have a tank that needs pumping
Today we are providing septic pumping for customers in Plymouth, Marshfield, Carver, Sandwich, Bourne and Halifax MA. If you wish to schedule septic pumping or if you are unsure whether your system needs a pump out please do contact our Norton Office on 508-763-4431 or visit http://www.allclearseptic.com where we will be happy to help you.