All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services often provides septic inspections for customers whose property is not on town sewer. Septic Inspections are required:
- Within 2 years before a sale. If weather conditions prevent inspection at the time of a sale, the inspection must take place within 6 months afterward.
- When there is a proposed change to the facility which requires a building or occupancy permit.
- Any change in the footprint of a building, to make sure that new building construction will not take place on top of any system components or on the system’s reserve area.
- For large systems with a design flow of 10,000 to 15,000 gallons per day or more at full build-out, on the basin schedule shown in 310 CMR 15.301(6), and every five years thereafter.
- Every 3 years for shared systems.
- When the property is divided, or ownership of 2 or more properties is combined.
- When MassDEP or the local Board of Health orders an inspection.
Most regularly we carry out septic inspections for customers who are selling their property which has a septic system which has not been tested in the last two years. Today in addition to providing the usual septic inspection we are also taking a well water sample for a customer in Norton, MA. As stated on the Mass Gov website:
“There is one specific situation in which the inspector CAN determine that the system passes without the need for Further Evaluation. In the event that the septic tank and soil absorption system are located less than 100 feet, but 50 feet or more from a private well, the inspector may facilitate obtaining a well water analysis of the private well. If the analysis is conducted at a laboratory that is certified by the Department and the results of the analysis indicate an absence of fecal coliform bacteria and indicate the levels of ammonia nitrogen and nitrate nitrogen are equal to or less than 5 ppm, and provided no other failure criteria are triggered, then the system can receive a PASSING evaluation without the need for further evaluation by the Board of Health”
At All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services we have been providing septic inspections in the region for many years and we can provide the additional services such as taking a well water sample and taking it to be tested. We have other septic inspections today, in addition to the Norton inspection, in Lakeville, Attleboro, Taunton Raynham and Mansfield MA. If you require a thorough septic inspection or have questions about septic inspections please do contact our Norton office on 508 763 4431 or visit All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services