All Clear Septic and Wastewater Services have Title 5 septic inspections scheduled today in Norton, Attleboro, Dighton, Berkley, Freetown, Fall River, and Westport, MA. On-site sewage disposal systems are governed by Title 5 of the Massachusetts State Environmental Code (310 CMR 15.000). Often erroneously written “Title V,” causing confusion with the Federal Clean Air Act. On Site system inspections are required:
- When properties are sold, divided or combined.
- When there is a change in use or an expansion of a facility.
- When MassDEP or the local Board of Health requires an inspection.
- Title 5 requires inspections for large systems, shared systems, and condominiums on a periodic basis.
- Systems located in cities and towns with MassDEP-approved inspection programs are required to comply with local inspection requirements.
There are exceptions and nuances to the general requirements listed here. If you are unsure or have questions regarding Title 5 either contact your local board of health or call our office. We are happy to answer any questions you may have or to schedule a septic inspection. Please call us at 508-763-4431 or visit www.allclearseptic.com